4 - Software Manifesto - Support a vigorous IP regime
As we run up to the general election in May I am delighted to launch FAST ten point Software Manifesto that focuses on three key areas: enforcement, deterrence and accountability. Over the next two weeks we will publish one point per day and welcome feedback and discussion.
Support a vigorous IP regime
The IP education report, researched and produced by Mike Weatherley, the Conservative Member of Parliament for Hove and Portslade, and former Intellectual Property Adviser to the Prime Minister, Copyright Education and Awareness’ needs to be addressed and implemented.
In the report Mike Weatherley MP made a number of key recommendations, including:
- A step up in the coordination of IP awareness programmes, led by the IPO
- Greater measurement of IP perceptions and behaviours
- Incorporating IP education in the school curriculum
- The BBC to create a copyright education programme
- Emphasis on better, clearer information on IP education
- Making better use of technology
- Introduction of an IP/Education coordinator
- Emphasis on reporting outcomes across Government
- The IPO to coordinate an inclusive steering group to deliver a robust programme of IP respect throughout the country.