FAST Legal Advisory Group Meeting - 24 May 2022
6pm - 9pm
TLT LLP, London. EC2V 7JE
- The future regulation of AI – some global perspectives
- Legal Case Updates: Software and Internet Platform Liability
- The Software Incubator Ltd v Computer Associates UK Ltd: provided clarity on whether software downloads can constitute a ‘sale of goods’ under Article 1 (2) of the Commercial Agents Directive 86/653/EEC by concluding that the electronic supply of software can be regarded as falling within this article when it is provided under a perpetual licence and in return for a fee
- JOINT CASES: C-682/18 YouTube and C-683/18 Cyando: judgment on the liability of internet platforms. The CJEU found that internet platforms are not liable in principle for the unauthorised uploads of users, unless the platforms fail to take action to remove or block access to the content
- Top System SA v Belgium State (Case C 13/20): landmark decision provided clarity on whether articles 5 and 6 of the Software Directive 1991 can be interpreted to include a composition of software for the purposes of ‘error correction’
- Open Source Software – more details to follow.
Co-chaired by Dawn Osborne from FAST's Legal Action Group and host Daniel Lloyd of TLT LLP which will include an interactive Q&A session, where you will have the opportunity to pose questions to our panel of experts, followed by drinks & canapes.
- Daniel Lloyd: Daniel Lloyd - TLT LLP | LinkedIn
- Nick Fenner: Nick Fenner - TLT LLP | LinkedIn
- Seamus Nolan: TLT LLPto the panel Seamus Nolan - TLT LLP | LinkedIn
- Georgia Phillippou: Georgía Philippou | LinkedIn
- Dawn Osborne: McCarthy Denning | FAST Legal Action Group